Monday, May 17, 2010

Bryant Park Chapbook

I've decided to make a little collaborative publication based on our writing this semester, so that we have something to remember the workshop by. The chapbook will be based on our last Perecian description activity, Bryant Park. Here's what you need to do:

1. Revise your Bryant Park piece according to my feedback. Hand it in as a regular revision so that you get credit for it.

2. In addition, email me by Friday 5/28 with: two descriptions of people (the original assignment called for three, so choose your best two!) and the description of a pigeon.

3. I'll edit the book, choosing which descriptions are included. Everyone in the class will get to contribute at least one description of a person. I'll take the descriptions of pigeons and scatter them throughout.

4. This is a collaborative book, so instead of putting the authors' names on individual pieces, I'll just list all of the contributors' names on the back of the book. That way we're all "the author" of a single work, instead of each being the author of a short section.

I'll have these books printed and bring them to class before the end of the term.

No comments:

Post a Comment